March 5, 2008

the studio that cracks me

my neighbor totoro
Last weekend, I went to me and my boyfriend's fav place for hang out. Well actually it is his fav place. As usual we ran into DVD's booths place. We both have a knack for it. I was not looking for another additional DVDs, since I have more than 5 DVDs that I need to see. So I just accompanied him. Until I got myself deserted on the "Animation" rack. I thought "hey it has been awhile I don't let myself dig in this rack!" So I dig. And I found myself remembering those times when I watched my most fav animated film ever. And so happened that I found my boyfriend picked that DVD from all those racks. He took out "My Neighbor Totoro". He could read my mind, I thought. Yes dear, I have been a fan for Studio Ghibli's works. My first acquintance was "Princess Mononoke". Back in my college years. The reason was simple, Gillian Anderson was one of the actresses. Yes yes..."The X Files" was one of my fav TV shows. And so then, from the first meeting, basically Hayao Miyazaki had me at hello. From then on, I have seen some from many of his works. And it brought the little girl in me out. And seeing my boyfriend took that DVD out, it brought me to see "My Neighbor Totoro" again yesterday.

Ah I miss you, my little girl in me. Maybe it is time for you to haunt me again. So I can relax my late20s side away.

(c) frettyaulia, 05.03.2008

0 c o m m e n t s: